Summary: Relate works in partnership with the Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity (RNRMC) to offer up to 7 FREE counselling sessions for naval personnel. The service is available for serving personnel, veterans, reservists and dependants. Dependants can access the service alone but you will need to provide the relevant forces service number to be eligible.
People come to Relate for a wide range of issues – not just if their marriage is in trouble, and we support people whether they are in heterosexual or same sex relationships. The service provides free access to a range of digital and where circumstances permit, face to face relationship support, including:
- Coping with a new or long standing relationship when the partner works away
- Parenting issues when one parent works away
- Forming a relationship and making it last
- Wider family relationships including with elderly relatives who may need care
- Young person’s counselling to help with everything from struggling to fit in at school, dealing with bullying, academic pressures and issues around sexuality
- Sex therapy for emotional or physical difficulties impacting on intimacy
- Work pressures impacting on intimate or family relationships
Also available is the Relate Building Stronger Families Portal which offers FREE online relationship counselling tools tailored to military life, which you can work through at your own pace.
If you or your family members come from a Royal Navy or Royal Marine background and think you could benefit from this service, please contact Relate on 01302 380279 or for the Building Stronger Families portal visit https://www.rnrmc.org.uk/relationship-support