Charity Number: 1064404
Contact: Miles Cowley
Address: 30 King William Walk, Greenwich, London
Postcode: SE10 9HU
Phone: 0800 160 1842
Summary: Seafarers' Advice and Information Line (SAIL) is a free advice service for seafarers across the UK. It is part of Citizens Advice. We provide phone and email advice on a wide range of issues. We have 7 professional advisers. We can help anyone who has ever worked at sea, and their widows and dependants. The free phone number for support is open on weekdays between 10am and 4pm, with an answerphone service at all other times.
Problems with money
All our advisers are fully trained to give debt advice and help you find the best way out of your money problems. In fact SAIL’s got a specialist quality mark for debt advice so you’re in safe hands.
- Don’t ignore the problem as it will probably get worse
- Do get help, but
- Don’t ever pay for debt advice
- Do get all your statements together so you know your situation
- Do keep speaking to your creditors
- Do deal with the most important debts first — rent & mortgage arrears, utility & council tax debts, court fines
SAIL is regulated for debt advice by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN617616). If you’re not happy with our advice you can request a complaint form which can be posted or emailed to you.